Monday, July 11, 2011

Freedom:

Just a week ago I was celebrating United States’ Independence Day. I paused to sense the meaning of freedom. And I remembered that my freedom wasn’t free! Someone paid. Some gave their all. And all gave some. But in the end the freedom that has been handed to me came at a price.

My heartfelt thanks to all who have served our country to help preserve our and my freedom!

Just yesterday, we had words in our Bible readings about freedom. This freedom is an inward freedom that comes through the gift of the Holy Spirit. What I was challenged to remember is that this freedom wasn’t free either. It came at a price. Someone paid!

My praise and thanks to my Lord Jesus for paying the price so that I can live in God’s grace, peace and hope!

“The bloodstains have dried and been washed clean.
The smell of the pain and smoke in the air has cleared.
The echoes of the throes of agony has been quieted.
We are left with the resulting freedom until we forget.”

“Freedom on the outside nor the inside isn't free.
It never was and never will be.”
(Quote from Pr. N. Bronner, MountainWings #11185)

No comments:

Post a Comment