Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Roads Closed

It happened to me again a while back. I was driving along and came upon a "road closed" sign. However, I wanted to go down that road so I ignored the sing, pulled around it and plodded down the road, only to come to a place where, indeed, the road was fully closed. So, I made my way back, around the sign and on to my destination via another route. As I pulled around the "road closed" sign the second time, I though that the sign should say "I told you so!" on the back side. I doubt that I was the only one who had made this little adventure past the sign. And I doubt that I'm the only one who doesn't take such signs seriously from time to time. Thinking about my walk with God, I can identify several times in my life when I've ignored God's "road closed" signs. Times when I've ventured down the roads of my choosing rather than the roads God would lead me. Times when I've ventured "off road" to explore only to find that my explorations were not fruitful for God's kingdom work. Fortunately, I've never heard God say, "I told you so!", but surely that would be the truth. These days I'm trying to be more attentive to the signs as I move along my faith journey. I'm working on the faith to obey when I discern a "road closed" message, and to be responsive when the roads lead in funny (in my mind) places. Thanks for stopping by "Sketchings" today. And thanks for sharing the faith road with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment