Monday, August 20, 2012

Reducing my Taxes!

I was reading an advice column the other day.  The eye catching headline said something like, "How To Reduce Your Taxes!" 

Now, I've always thought I did a pretty good being a good steward of my resources in order that I wasn't obligated to pay more taxes than necessary.  Not that I mind paying taxes.  They are my contribution to the programs that are necessary to provide the framework in which I can live in security and comfort.  But I dont' find it necessary to make a larger contribution than necessary.

So, that headline drew me into reading the article.  It suggested that I could reduce my taxes by as much as half.  Wow!  I wondered what I had been missing all these years.  I wondered what strategy could be employed to make this work for me.

Then I got to the last paragraph.  It said, "If you want to reduce your taxes, simply reduce your income.  If you want to cut your taxes in half, cut your income in half.  It is as simple as that." 

Hum....  I wasn't expecting that.  But it is true.  I could do that.  It would work. 

But what is also true is that suddenly I was thankful for my tax bill.  It means I have income to tax. 
And it means that I am blessed! 

Very blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment