Thursday, November 17, 2011

“It Depends Upon What I’m Looking For”

Sometimes I wonder about what people are searching for. From time to time in my life I find myself searching for the gifts of God’s grace. At other times, I may be searching for more tangible things in support of my life and ministry.

I thought it would be “fun” to see what people are searching for. What we are searching form tells us of our concerns and interest, our values and perspectives.

So, I “Googled” to see what people are “Googling.”

One day a week or so ago, here are the top twenty things people were “Googling”:

1. school closings
2. daylight savings time 2011
3. bernie madoff
4. mark herzlich
5. powerball
6. national grid
7. ruth madoff
8. ct news
9. pumpkin seed recipe
10. generators
11. mark madoff
12. the strangers
13. disturbia
14. matt barnes
15. mona simpson
16. ufc results
17. hines ward
18. day light savings
19. no shave november
20. mcrib

Here’s the list for November 16:
1. sopa
2. white house shooting
3. spear of destiny
4. rambus
5. internet censorship
6. bradley cooper
7. google music
8. matt barnes
9. stop online piracy act
10. protect ip act
11. sexiest man alive 2011
12. jessie james
13. 2013 ford escape
14. green bean casserole
15. elisabeth hasselbeck
16. willis mcgahee
17. black friday sales 2011
18. pabst blue ribbon
19. the descendants
20. cadillac xts

Maybe you’ll get a laugh out of this. I sure did.

But the point is, what we find depends upon what we are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment