Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Thanksgiving!"

No matter what the day, no matter what the hour it is good for us to give thanks. To remember that everything we have comes from God.

I have just been reading some life stories of other people. Some have so much. Some have so little. It is those who have so little who teach so much. They teach about gratitude. The give perspectives on life. They put things in context.

They moved me to think about the top ten things I'm thankful for. Of course, there are hundreds, but these are today's "Tom's Top Ten"!

1. God and my salvation in Jesus Christ.
2. The gift of life and health.
3. My faith and its power to sustain me every day.
4. The love and support of a faithful life partner.
5. My children and grand-child.
6. My Dad.
7. Opportunities to share in the greatest joys and greatest sorrows in the lives of others.
8. A cadre of supportive, loving, honest and faithful friends.
9. Freedom.
10. That I'm healthy enough to walk, eat, breathe, think, sleep and feel.

I wonder, what are your top ten? Not just for this Thanksgiving day, but for every day of the year.

Thanks for visiting "Sketchings". I hope you'll comment on several of your top ten "I'm thankful that/for...."

Blessed Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment